MRE SystemSettings is a program to configure your system under AmigaOS; you are able to
So it offers a fast and easy to use platform that ist not included in AmigaOS.
And it is freeware!
- start preference programs and edit config files,
- view and change assigns and
- view and change environment variables.
- at least Amiga OS 3.5 (because SystemSettings uses Reaction; of course it will run on OS 3.9)
Changes since V2.05:
- some bugs removed, tested under OS 3.9 BoingBag 1!
- assigns can be added/removed to/from user-startup
- variables can be added/removed
- nicer images for showing / hiding programs
- new tooltypes: specify the position and size of the window
Changes since V2.0:
- programs and files are handled in one browser
- programs can be grouped and started via Workbench, AREXX, CLI
- also dawers can be inserted
- assigns and variables are only loaded when needed
- assigns can be reloaded and sorted by name or path
- assigns can be "opened"
- appwindow functionality: drop files in the programs/assigns/settings page
- ASCII-filter, "drawers first" and reload possibility for variables
- entering values changed: with programs and variables, RETURN will accept
the name/filename/value, to add a program click on "new" and then change
- MainPrefs is now compatible with HappyENV (the variables are not copied
to ENV:, but the directories are created if you open them)
- all variables can be edited with a text editor
- new settings page with new option "save changes at exit"
- improved asynchronous help
Changes since V1.0:
- removed several bugs (no more "dh1:log", late assigns are now shown correct,
"assign" with empty gadgets will no more reboot your amiga ... )
- additional tooltypes "HELPFILE" and "PREFSFILE"
- help key shows help, string gadgets can be cycled via TAB
- Polish, Hungarian, Spanish, French and Turkish translation
- added assign-management
- changed the adding of files and programs
- Italian translation
See also the MRE page for a locale archive of your language.
Please install the current version, look into the manual,
then read the MRE FAQ and the following if necessary;
if your problem is not yet solved, use the support formular.
Proposals for the next version:
- Improved handling